Friday, May 16, 2008

Focus and Rhythm

I have had a good couple of days now. I had been lingering under a cloud of gloom and doom the week previous, but it has lifted. I have been counting my blessings. I have a lot to be thankful for. I don't smoke anymore. I quite about six months ago. I am quite proud of myself and so glad to have that monkey off my back. I have been adhering to a rigorous exercise schedule that makes my body ache every morning. I eat a salad for lunch or dinner nearly every day. I take vitamins every morning as soon as I wake up at 6 or 7. I drink water with every meal and drink several cups of green tea every day. I read more and watch almost no TV. (I am reading "Elements Of Epistemology" at the moment) I call my the members of my family once a week and tell them that I love them. I spend time drawing or painting or playing guitar almost every week. I write lists. Every morning I write a list of the things that I intend to get done that day. and I have been very good at getting the list completed. I am focused and determined.

But I also have a long way to go before I can claim victory. I am on house arrest for this damn DUI. I don't have a job yet, I don't have a car at this point (which may or may not be a bad thing), I have not been able to see my daughter, Makynna, because her mother is mad at me for being such a fuck-up lately. I have never been that good at being patient and doing things in the right order, but this time is going to be different. I am really trying to focus on laying the proper groundwork. I am so impatient. Someone that I was once very close to told me that success in life could be compared to making music- it requires "Focus and Rhythm". Good analogy.

No comments: