Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Smidge Better Than Miserable


Well it's been a good long while since I posted anything here, so there is much to catch up on. one of the most obvious changes is that I'm working. I have been working for Pizza Hut for about three weeks now. I went into the final interview thinking that I would be offered a Management position but they wanted to give me a trial run first. I agreed because I didn't have much choice with the job market keeping me unemployed for two months. So I am working side by side with teenagers and other youngsters. For a lot of them this is there first job. so you can imagine the pay. Anyway, the people are nice enough that it makes the job a smidge better than miserable. I am still looking for something that suits me better but I don't know what I am expecting from that either, because I intend to be in school this fall.

I was kind of dating someone the past couple of months and was horrified to find out that she is a crazy little guttersnipe. When I say 'crazy' i mean scary, change your phone number, crazy. She threatened to sick her "Mommy" on me. And she said that she could keep me from getting into school this fall because her mother works for IPFW. (Indiana Purdue University Fort Wayne)
So anyway I have compiled a list of questions that I will be using to screen potential dates from now on. They are as follows:
1. Do you love your mother and father?
2. Do you like your mother and father?
3. Are you an alcoholic or drug addict?
4. Are you in denial about your Alcoholism or Drug addiction?
5. Are you a compulsive liar?
6. Do you expect me to believe that?
7. Do you love animals?
8. Do you love animals so much that it is illegal in some states?
9. Do you have an Uncle-Daddy or a Sister-Mama in your family?
10. Are your whereabouts or actions being monitored by a covert governmental agency?
11. Are you the President?
12. Are you the leader of any country, race, religion, planet or universe?
13. How far can you fly in one day if you don't stop to rest your arms?
14. Do you have pet-names for your kitchen knives?
15. Can you read minds?
17. Can people read your mind?
18. Do you expect me to learn to read your mind(you crazy bitch!)?
19. Were you born a woman?
20. Are you a woman now?
21. What does human flesh taste like?
22. Did you notice that I skipped number 16 and now want to hurt yourself?
23. How many jars of urine do you like to keep in your closet?
24. How many times a month would you estimate that you wake up in the closet naked, with blood soaked hands and unable to remember the events leading up to then?
25. Have you ever raped yourself?
26. Do you have a tracking device implanted anywhere in your body?
27. How many spiders can you eat before you get sick?
28. True or False: men are to blame for everything that is wrong with your life and the world.
29. True or False: an uppercut to the jaw is a natural display of affection.
30. True or False: crack is delicious.

On a more serious note I have been toiling away attempting to define my Core Values. I want to clarify what my life's purpose is and what it is that i want out of it. What I have come up with is six core values. these are the things that are most important to me and will help me clarify what I want out of life and how to live on a daily basis. They are as follows:
1. Spiritual Enlightenment
2. Relationships with Family and Friends
3. Education and Self Improvement
4. Health and Fitness
5. Creative Expression
6. Financial Stability/Security

This has been such a clarifying and cleansing process. To weed out unimportant things that seemed to consume my time and keep me from the things that are really important to me. I have been able to see quite clearly how to live my life and what goals to set for myself.
The next step is to find practical every-day ways to live according to my Values and Principles.

No comments: