Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time after time...

Mother,

I'm learning it's hard to forgive as well as forget. There is so much you don't know about me. I have no friends. I self destruct when someone gets too close to me. I have an insatiable desire to be heard and accepted and understood. I crave praise and acknowledgement for my creativity. I haven't had a good nights rest in years. I can't look people in the eye without feeling they can see right into my shame. I'm ashamed of the way I live. I have set ablaze to to all my bridges and I've made nuces of all my lose ends. I have surrounded myself with darkness and sorrow. it has become my only solice and respite from the shame and guilt. But the darkness and loneliness is where my demons lie in wait for me. I have wrestled with my demons and lost time after time. Mom I've fought with your demons too!

No comments: